Water Meter Reader
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to travel throughout the Munster/South Leinster Region, collecting vital water consumption data for our valued client. Your role will involve participation in two distinct metering projects:
- Automated Meter Reading (AMR): In this project, you'll utilize automated systems to efficiently gather water usage information from various meters.
- Manual Meter Reading (MMR): For the second project, you'll engage in hands-on meter reading, ensuring accurate data collection.
If you're passionate about environmental sustainability and enjoy working in the field, this role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to water resource management. Join us in making a positive impact!
Day to day of the role:
Collecting Data: You'll drive around specific routes to collect information about how much water households are using. Some meters will be read automatically, while others need manual reading.
Navigation: You'll use an Android tablet to find your way along the routes. Before you start, check the route and plan the best way to go.
Reading Meters: When you reach a water meter, you'll read the numbers on it and enter them into a handheld device. If you can't get a reading, choose from a list of reasons why.
Reporting Issues: If you notice any problems (like broken meters), take photos and note them down. Upload this data regularly so we can keep track of progress.
Customer Queries: If someone has questions about their water bill, direct them to the Irish Water Customer Service Center.
Improving the Network: Update GPS locations to make our system work better.
Required skills for this role
● Full Clean Drivers Licence.
● Experience of Water Network Management and/or basic plumbing experience.
● Good IT skills required for using online systems on tablet and handheld together with GPS equipment (training will be provided).
● Organisational skills/Route planning.
● Time Management (meeting clients deadlines and KPI's).
● A clear understanding of the importance of Health & Safety.
● Good Communication Skills with a positive, innovative and collaborative team player attitude.