WHO WE ARE
When you join the Fáilte Ireland team, your work will be more than just a job. You will become part of a talented and diverse community of employees whose mission and passion is to promote and support the development of tourism across Ireland. To do this we create and invest in world class tourism brands, including the Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland's Ancient East, Ireland's Hidden Heartlands and Dublin. We develop brilliant visitor experiences that position and sustain Ireland as an attractive and compelling destination. We provide strategic leadership and a wide range of practical supports and training to tourism businesses and we work in partnership with government and other agencies to maximise our impact throughout communities and across regions as we develop a vibrant and sustainable tourism sector. To enable our staff to thrive, we provide a respectful and supportive work environment. Not only are we recognised as a Great Place to Work but we're also listed in the top five most trusted organisations in Ireland. Our supports include flexible and family friendly work policies with blended working arrangements. By joining Fáilte Ireland you will work in a nurturing team-based environment in a culture that is values driven with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. You will enjoy a richness and diversity in your work alongside talented colleagues, specialist external partners and a variety of tourism and community stakeholders to deliver the impact we aspire to.
We now have a vacancy for an
OFFICER, HUMAN RESOURCES
- LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Fixed Term Contact, full-time (23 months)
Fáilte Ireland invites applications for the position of Officer, Human Resources - Learning & Development. The role will report to the Manager, Human Resources. There will be a blended work model, which includes remote working and flexible working arrangements, with the office location based in Fáilte Ireland, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Learning & Development
- Co-ordinate the learning and development function relevant to specific projects or training
- Liaise with training providers to develop and implement specific learning and development initiatives
- Monitor the effectiveness of these initiatives ensuring value for money and specific learning outcomes are achieved
- Contribute to policy development in line with best practice and continuously develop and improve the learning and development process.
- Oversee the successful development and implementation of Learning Management System (LMS) for Fáilte Ireland users
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support the successful delivery of a new LMS
- Project Manage the implementation of the LMS, working with stakeholders, develop a detailed project plan, outlining milestones, timelines and resources required for the successful implementation of the new LMS
- Develop and oversee the administration of the LMS including user accounts, courses, content, and reporting tools
- Serve as the primary point of contact for LMS support, troubleshooting technical issues and providing training to users
- Manage LMS integrations with other systems, as required
- Work with instructional designers and subject matter experts to develop and maintain online courses and learning content
- Create and manage user groups and permissions within the LMS to ensure appropriate access to courses and content
- Generate reports on LMS usage and performance, and provide data-driven recommendations for improvements
- Develop and maintain an accurate record of all training provided for staff.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for LMS use
- Train new and existing users on how to use the LMS, including course creation, content upload, and gradebook setup
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and development by offering relevant and up to date courses in different formats
- Manage budget associated with the LMS implementation project
HR Policy and Procedures
- Develop and document specific HR and L&D policies and procedures in line with best practice to ensure that they are aligned with Fáilte Ireland strategic vision and legal requirements
- Provide HR and L&D policy guidance and interpretation
- Develop, implement, and deliver, where required, training and awareness sessions on relevant policies.
- Ensure the Intranet (MyFI) is up to date with relevant LMS Information
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of data/ records
- Provide quality LMS reports to senior management team
- Monitor and manage HR budget ensuring compliance with procurement and financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure work is completed in line with Procurement processes
Stakeholder / Relationship Management
- Develop a productive working relationship providing excellent internal customer service to colleagues
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Develop a productive working relationship with Fáilte Ireland third party providers and provide regular feedback & reviews on their performance to the HR Management Team.
Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Human Resources Team by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must have / demonstrate in your application form the following
- A minimum of three years' experience in a HR or L&D role that includes a good working knowledge of the following:
- HR / L&D policies and procedures
- Data protection
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of Learning & Development
- Experience of implementation of a Learning Management System
- Proven experience of project management, working with multiple stakeholders both internal and external
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/ MANDATORY TRAINING
- A Professional Qualification (minimum Level 6 under the QQI Framework) in Human Resources, Learning & Development or Business.
- Learning & Development Institute (L&DI) Membership
- A professional Qualification (minimum Level 8 under the QQI Framework) in a related discipline
- An understanding of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- An understanding of rules and regulations applying to Human Resources and Learning & Development in the Public Sector
- Familiarity with Online Learning content standards and formats
- Planning & Managing Work
- Managing Relationships
- Inspire and Engage
- Leverages Technology
A panel may be created from which future vacancies may be filled.
HOW TO APPLY
Please return your completed application form via Fáilte Ireland | Staffline (stafflinerecruit.com) Please go to Fáilte Ireland's Career Page for the most up-to-date details on this role.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27th February 2024 at 3:00pm
SALARY, KEY BENEFITS & LOCATION
Salary: €53,394 - €76,355* per annum (pro-rata)
*This role will be filled in line with Public Pay Policy at Point 1 of the relevant Salary Scale unless the successful candidate is appointed from an existing public sector rolE
Blended work model with the following office location:
- Áras Fáilte, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, D01 WR86
Shortlisting will be based on applications and the selection process may involve two competency based interviews. A panel of successful candidates may be formed following the selection process.
Fáilte Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of the workforce. We encourage you to reach out to us directly at [email protected] should you require assistance or reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process.