Motor Transport Engineer
HOURS OF WORK: 39 hours per week Mon-Thurs 8.00 am - 4.30 pm Fri 8.00 am - 3.30 pm
- To deliver all aspects of the Motor Transport department's services and ensuring that they are efficiently maintained; personal safety and good housekeeping standards are as per Company Polices and Procedures; and to offer excellent customer service at all times.
- To deliver a Quality Assurance system to ensure that the MT repairs and service standards are maintained to appropriate levels and comply with legislation.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To participate in a rota to ensure that cover or assistance is provided by MT at weekends and in extreme weather conditions including snow and emergencies, if necessary;
- To work with departments regarding servicing of vehicles and equipment;
- Ensure that all MT records are accurate and up to date, including the both MT database and paper records when working with these systems.
- Ensure requisitions are raised on the accounting system, in a timely manner when required/requested;
- Ensure the workshop is kept compliant with HSE requirements including disposal of oils, rags, materials etc;
- Actively engage with management in relation to the latest technologies available for motor transport engineers with regard to servicing and up-skilling (e.g. CANBUS);
- Ensure that vehicle emissions are compliant with current emissions regulations;
- Reporting and recording of first aid and accidents;
- Recording of vehicle damage by photographs, database and email;
- Review methods of work and record keeping, suggest and implement accordingly to improve efficiencies;
- Promote, maintain and review high housekeeping standards for MT users.
GENERAL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure that vehicles are maintained and repaired to road worthy standard at all times;
- To efficiently prepare and take vehicles for MOT testing;
- Ensure plant and equipment operated by departments is maintained and repaired to operational & Health and Safety requirements;
- Actively support the sourcing of parts and consumables in conjunction with the MT Supervisor and Purchasing department;
- To support the MT Supervisor with outside contractors, specialized providers, etc and co-ordinate any maintenance and repairs in a timely and efficient manner,
- Ensure that all vehicle repair and maintenance logs or records are kept up to date for inspection by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and Health & Safety Executive;
- Attend monthly team meeting with the MT / Engineering Supervisor to bring issues to the fore;
- To ensure that training is kept up to date and in keeping with legislative requirements;
- To occasionally support other airport departments with maintenance and repairs of airport plant and equipment;
- To ensure compliance with all relevant information when communicated with up to date Company Polices and Procedures.
- To assist in the event of an emergency situation as directed by the Operations Duty Management Team and as detailed in the Emergency Orders;
- To ensure that all Statutory and Company regulations regarding Health & Safety, Fire and Security Regulations are followed within the Motor Transport department thus protecting staff, airport users and the business interests of the Company.
- To embrace the Company's Vision & Values and Behaviours, thus becoming a stronger individual and team contributor.
* 5 GCSE's pass (grade C or above) in English & Mathematics, or equivalent;
* Attained MT Fitter Apprenticeship or equivalent
* Current driving licence
* A minimum of 5 years' experience of working in a MT Engineer role
* 5 years' experience of sourcing parts and consumables
* Experience of working with:
heavy diesel engines
modern fuel injection systems
pneumatic / hydraulic systems
specialized vehicles; e.g. tractors, trailers, large goods vehicles etc
* Experience of maintenance & repair to plant and machinery
* A sound working knowledge Health & Safety Codes of Practice within a MT environment
* Working knowledge of Good Housekeeping practices
* Basic Working Knowledge of software packages such as Word Processing, Databases and Fault Logging Systems
* Good communication skills - verbal, written - at all levels;
* Attention to detail;
* Ability to plan and prioritise
* NVQ Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Light & Heavy Goods) Level 3 or equivalent
* City & Guilds in sheet metal / welding work or equivalent
* Clean current driving licence
* LGV Licence
* EV Vehicle certificate of training
* Supervisory experience within a Motor Transport role
* Experience of working with EV vehicles