Floor Manager (Womenswear)
Staffline Ireland are recruiting on behalf of a leading retail group for a Floor Manager. The Floor Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the department. Your key role is to ensure that you have a motivated sales team and lead from the front. Within this role you will set the standard for your team and inspire them to be passionate about what they do, from giving first class service to having a well merchandised floor.
- A large proportion of your time will be spent on the floor driving sales and leading from the front on all commercial opportunities. You will be expected to motivate your team to maximise sales and have customers leave 100% satisfied.
- Manage and oversee your team ensuring that assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner whilst always ensuring customers are priority. You will train, motivate, & encourage your team to sell. You will also be responsible for carrying out all people processes required (disciplinary, appraisal and performance management)
- In conjunction with buyers you will help build the team's product knowledge, encouraging them to review product so they know everything about the products through building customer confidence. Inspire your team to be a true ambassador of the brands whilst delivering excellent product presentation standards.
- Ensure that the department is presented in a way that can be shopped easily by customers and is visually pleasing. Taking into consideration customer mind set and reacting to local conditions i.e. season / weather, Strong promotional ticketing, when arranging layout of the department to drive commercial displays.
- Monitor sales budgets and profitability, ensuring that action is taken to rectify either over or underspending where needed.
- Liaise with warehouse and store ops team to ensure that all stock is replenished in a timely fashion and manage stock control and stock loss within prescribed company criteria.
- Deputise in the Store Manager/Assistant Managers absence in relation to store duties. You will also be expected to work as part of the store management team to address day to day issues such as, store / department standards, promotional set up, recruitment, disciplinary, appraisals, Health & Safety, first aid etc.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Previous retail management experience.
- Must have managed a small team of individuals.
- Highly customer focused and lead from the front, with the ability to motivate your team to deliver excellent sales.
- Commercial awareness of competitors, customer's needs, etc.
- Demonstrate the key behaviours, listening, support and encouragement, respect, honesty, and integrity, working at pace.
- Creative with a positive, 'can-do' attitude and approach with plenty of ideas.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills at both store and support centre level
- Computer literate, including experience in Microsoft office package.
- Passionate about brand, products, and colleagues.
- Ability to motivate a team to achieve budgets and be highly motivated by the achievement of sales targets.
- Maths and English GCSE and educated to A Level or equivalent Standard.
- Previous experience of managing a sales floor in a similar environment.
- Educated to HND or degree level in retail or business-related subjects.
The successful Floor Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus Staff discount, NOW Pension, Life Assurance and Smile Awards.
The Floor Manager role will be based in Portrush.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.