Care Assistants wanted to join a friendly, caring, and progressive Nursing Home (Coleraine/Ballycastle).
Location; Coleraine/ Ballycastle
Salary; £11.67- £16.00
Fulltime/ Part time
- Individual care for each patient by creating a relaxed and homely environment which maximises the individual patients opportunity for independence.
- Assists in feeding, dressing, bathing, lifting, mobilising and all other personal hygienic functions of each patient.
- Make beds neatly and tidy drawers, lockers and wardrobes within bedrooms.
- Assists in the general tidying and cleaning of the Home and all nursing equipment.
- Assists in maintaining a supply of clean laundry by carrying out laundry duties when requested.
- Collect patients' clean clothes from laundry and return to wardrobes/drawers of bedrooms.
- Works as part of a team to maintain a high standard of nursing care in the home.
- Assists in the organisation and implementation of social activities in the home.
- Continues the Company's policy of being polite and courteous to all doctors, pharmacists, external medical staff, patient's relatives and friends, religious practitioners and the Northern Health Board Nursing Home Inspection Unit Team.
- Continually updates oneself on current procedures through the use of literature available in the Home and attends internal and external courses when requested by the Staff Nurse/Matron.
- Complies with all infection control measures operating within the Home.
- Wears protective clothing as required.
- Takes responsibility for the protection of vulnerable adults and reports to management where they consider a person has caused harm or posed risk of harm to any patient.
- Is compliant with the Company's Health and Safety Procedures.
- Adheres to the fire and accident prevention policy of the Home
- Observes confidentiality at all times.
- Caring nature
- Excellent communication skills, specifically with the elderly
- Committed to consistently delivering a high standard of care
- Team player
- Experience in a similar position (not essential- full training will be given)
For more information please contact: Staffline @ Hannah Hollywood Harry
Email: [email protected]
T; 028 9024 2824 (315)M; 07825789243