Building Maintenace Operative
Our Client, A large Public Sector Organisation based in Portrush require Building Maintenance Operatives to join their team.
Role : Building Maintenance Operative x 3
Location : Portrush
Hours of work : 37 hrs of work
Hourly Rate : 1 - 12 weeks £ 11.91 13 weeks £12.59
Main Duties :
- To assist in the maintenance of all Council assets such as (but not limited to) civic buildings, leisure centres, sports grounds, caravan parks, community halls, play parks, picnic areas and public realm. Includes both new works and improvements to existing assets (including assisting skilled staff).
- To present a courteous attitude at all times by assisting with the promotion of good working relationships between Council staff and members of the public. If and as required, deal with on-site complaints and queries or refer to your line manager as necessary.Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full JD available on request
Essential Criteria :
- A valid Health & Safety CSR /CSCS card.
- A minimum of 12 months' building maintenance experience gained within a commercial environment to include the following:
- Manual work of a construction nature (eg digging, mixing, carrying, laying, cutting, hammering);
- Experience in the set-up, safe use and routine maintenance of a range of power equipment / hand tools e.g. breaking hammers, drills, grinders, saws;
- Experience in the set-up, safe use and routine maintenance of a variety of construction plant e.g. concrete mixers, generators, pumps.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and its application in the workplace to include risk assessments and/or method statements for safe working.
- A full current driving licence (Category C1 valid in the UK).
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.