Role: Band 5 Qualified Staff Nurse (Adult)
Rate of Pay: Competitive
Location: NHSCT Hospital Sites
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating individual patient care based on the Nursing Process method.
- Ensure all patients receive care as identified in their care plans.
- Oversee nursing procedures and treatments, ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and legible patient records, adhering to confidentiality standards.
- Participate in meal service and coordinate patients' meals/special diets when required.
- Organize patient reception, discharge, and aftercare in accordance with hospital policy.
- Maintain open communication with patients' relatives, providing support when necessary.
- Participate in teaching learners and ensure learner objectives are met in line with national requirements.
- Supervise junior nursing staff and nursing auxiliaries.
- Contribute to research and trials of new equipment.
- Practice due economy in the use of hospital resources.
- Ensure safe-keeping of patients' belongings and valuables.
- Adhere to fire and accident prevention policies.
- Familiarity with employee responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work (N.I) 1978.
- Be familiar with Disciplinary and Grievance Policies of the Unit of Management.
- Participate in orientation and induction of new staff.
- Liaise with all departments within the hospital and Unit of Management.
- Attend courses and study days for professional development.
- Refer external enquiries to the Senior Nurse Manager in the absence of the Ward Sister.
- Act as a practice supervisor and practice assessor in line with NMC Education Standards 2018.
- Promote and support the mission and vision of the Trust.
- Develop and maintain good communication with all levels of management.
- Carry out duties in compliance with health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Participate in grievance and disciplinary processes as required.
- Promote equality of opportunity and adhere to Trust policies and codes of conduct.
- Level 1 Registered Nurse (Adult) on the live NMC Register.
- Minimum of one year's post-qualifying experience.
- Post-registration qualifications relevant to Nursing.
Note to Applicants:
- The Trust reserves the right to use any desirable criteria outlined above.
- An enhanced Access NI disclosure check will be required which will be supplied free of charge.
- Only NI residences will be considered.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.