Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Antrim require a Administrative Assistant to join their team.
Role: Administrative Assistant
Rate of Pay: £11.11 per hour
TYPICAL DUTIES REQUIRE POSTHOLDER(S) TO:
The post-holder will be responsible for providing secretarial support to professional staff and assisting with the day to day management of the office to ensure a smooth running, high quality service.
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Call handling, both incoming and outgoing. Including processing messages/queries, taking of detailed referrals, making appointments and following up queries.
- Assuming first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders - including service users.
- General reception duties including processing of incoming and outgoing mail, greeting visitors and booking of meetings rooms (via Outlook Calendar or manual diary).
- Typing of letters, memos, reports and other documentation as required.
- Taking of minutes and typing of same.
- Photocopying, emailing and scanning of documentation as required.
- Undertake filing and maintaining an efficient, up-to-date record keeping system, in line with Records Management protocol.
- Processing, follow-up and receipting of supplies and equipment (including complex service user related equipment)
- Liaising with other internal departments and external stakeholders in relation to a number of issues including, the installation and commissioning of complex equipment and adaptations
Input and extract information from various computerised systems to include duties such as;
- Locating service user data
- Processing referrals
- Booking appointments
- Arranging clinics
- Ordering and receipting supplies
- Collecting and collating statistical information
- Development of electronic documentation (using MS Office Suite)
- Controlling access to and information in shared folders
- Monitoring central email accounts
- Cash handling including maintenance of petty cash and corresponding paperwork.
- Participate in on the job training of new staff including office processes and use of computer systems.
- Participate in learning and completion of mandatory training both face to face and via e-learning.
- The post holder will be working in a changing environment and will be expected to adapt to change and undertake other duties within the band of the post as necessary.
- 4 GCSEs to include English and Mathematics (Grade A*- C) or equivalentAND 1 years' experience working in a team administration office environment.
- 2 years' experience working in a team administration office environment.
In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must have one years' working experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in an office environment.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Christine Thompson. [email protected] or call on 028 2564 2699 ext 349.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.